Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Podcasts and sermons you have to check out

Friends:

You must experience Mark Driscoll's sermon series "The Peasant Princess." Mark is the pastor of Mars Hill Church up here in Seattle, for those of you who don't know. In the past few weeks, he has been preaching on the Song of Solomon. I have been so impressed by each and every sermon in this series. My Bible is covered with notes. I don't have enough space to write down everything. :) To listen to these sermons, either go to www.marshillchurch.org or download the podcast from iTunes. It's totally worth it. Do it!!

Secondly, you also must experience Focus on the Family's radio show called The Boundless Show. It consists of a bunch of 20-somethings and 30-somethings engaging in roundtable discussions about important topics. I listen to this show while working at World Vision each morning, and it has helped considerably in keeping me from getting bored. Focus on the Family is one of the best organizations out there, and if you're not familiar with it, GET FAMILIAR! (Download the podcasts from iTunes)

Thanks in part to these things, I have been gaining a much clearer understanding of how a life lived entirely for and in Jesus should look. And I'm getting really excited about it! I hope you do too!

No comments: