Friday, January 16, 2009

Why are there two "i's"?

Let me start by saying I've never been a lover of video games. Reading was always my most time-consuming activity.

My brief history with video games can be found below:

1. As a preteen, I had a fleeting addiction to the shooter game Goldeneye. My friend, Michelle, owned it, so I played it whenever we got together.
2. My three brothers and I went through a period where we compulsively played our Toy Story 2 computer game.
3. And all my life, I've loved Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and all those lovely characters.

That's about it.

But now, here in Seattle, I have hardly ever played them. The occasional Tetris game satisfies my minimal need for them. Which is why I'm a little astounded at my recent obsession with the Wii. WiiFit--specifically the balancing games--is so darn addicting. I played one called "Table Tilt" too many times to count the other night while babysitting.

It would be dangerous for me to own a Wii, I think.

No comments: