Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Little Max

I am now the nanny for an adorable five-year-old boy named Max. He has a slight lisp, the makings of a uni-brow, and a vivid imagination.

Yesterday, I played with him and his sister, Grace, for a few hours. We were paging through one of their family photo albums. In some of the pictures, Grace was two years old or so, which prompted Max to say "I wasn't alive yet." This is what ensued:

"I was still being made. God was making me in his workshop. He was stapling me together." His hands go up to his forehead in a stapling gesture.

Can you say adorable?

Today, he and I decorated and played with his new monster trucks. We also played with blocks, Hot Wheels, and read a few books.

Right about now, I'm so grateful that I grew up playing cars and Star Wars with my three younger brothers.

No comments: