Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Revolutionary Road

Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet are finally together in a movie again. It's one of the most somber, provocative, brilliantly acted masterpieces I've ever seen.

I read in a Seattle Times article that both actors had difficulties doing the "yelling" scenes because they're such close friends and had never raised their voices to each other, that they could remember. But, watch those scenes, and you are immediately convinced that they are feeling and thinking everything their characters are. The raw emotion present onscreen is mesmerizing. I would watch it again for that reason alone.

You can read the article here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2008577807_zmov01winsletdicaprio.html

1 comment:

Jason said...

I just stumbled across your blog, but it's now official: I must go see this movie. I was worried that it might have been over-acted, but I'm grateful for your input. Thanks!