Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dashing through the snow, quite literally

Today, I did the Jingle Bell Run in downtown Seattle with my post-college/early career church group. The streets by Westlake Mall were covered with people wearing red and green and bells on their shoes and LEGGINGS. It was positively frigid outside.

Mollee and I signed up for the "joggers" group. I told everyone around me that I expected to only run about a mile and then walk the rest of the way. But no! I jogged the whole three miles! I couldn't believe it. This is a milestone in the life of Monica Reed. Sad, but true. Sad that I have never done any sort of run before now. And also sad that I'm so out of shape that jogging three miles feels like completing a triathlon or something.

Toward the beginning of the run, we entered the express lanes tunnel, and someone started belting out "Jingle Bells," which inspired everyone to join in. The Christmas spirit and excitement was so contagious!

Totally worth it.

No comments: